CLAT 2020 Application Form is starting from 1st January 2020 through online mode. Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) exam will be managed by the Consortium of National Law University (NLU). CLAT is a national level law entrance exam conducted for admission to Under Graduate (UG) & Post Graduate (PG) Law Programmes. Students can take admission in various prestigious law colleges and institutions through CLAT Scores. CLAT Scores are considered by various Government & Private Law Colleges in India.
Candidates must check the below details regarding CLAT 2020 Application form:
- Candidates will have to register for CLAT 2020 through online mode.
- The registration process will start from 1st January 2020.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form till 31st March 2020.
- Candidates will have to register online through their working Email ID & Mobile number.
- An OTP will be sent to given mobile number for validation after which students have to complete the application process.
- No change or editing can be done after the successfully submission of the form, so students must make sure to correctly fill the application details.
- In case of mistakes in the application details, candidates will have to cancel the application and apply for a fresh application.
- Candidates will also have to fill the preference of all 21 NLU’s along with other details.
- No change in preference will be allowed after submission of form.
- Candidates will have to upload scanned recent passport size photograph & signature in prescribed format.
- Candidates will also have to upload all the relevant documents in PDF format only.
- Candidates will able to make correction in the application form.
- After application process, students must take print out of application form & keep it safe until the admission.
- There will be no need to send any hard copy to CLAT Consortium Office.
Documents Required for filling CLAT 2020 Application:
- Qualifying degree details
- Valid Email id and mobile number
- Fee Payment details
- Front facing recent passport size photograph (with plain background)
- Candidates scanned signature
- Category certificate (if SC/ ST)
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority (if PwD)
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority (if under BPL category)
- Relevant certificate for respective state of Domicile, etc.
- Candidates will have to pay CLAT 2020 application fee through online mode.
- It will be submitted through net banking/ credit card/ debit card.
- Application Form Fee for General/ OBC/ PWD/ NRI/ OCI/ PIO candidates will be Rs. 4000.
- The form fee for BPL/ SC/ ST category candidates will be Rs. 3500.
- Application Fees will be non-refundable.
CLAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
UG Law Program:
- Qualification: Candidates must have qualified 12th level or its equivalent.
- Percentage: Candidates must have secured 45% minimum marks (40% for SC/ ST category).
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in qualifying exam will be also eligible to apply for CLAT 2020.
- Age limit: There will be no age limit for examination.
PG Law Program:
- Qualification: Candidates must have qualified their LL.B Degree or its equivalent examination.
- Percentage: General category candidates have to score at least 55% marks & 50% marks for reserved category candidates in the qualifying exam.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the last year of qualifying examination will also be eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: There will be no age limit for CLAT 2020.
Candidates must check below given table to know CLAT 2020 Application dates:
CLAT 2020 Application Dates
Application form release
1st January 2020
Submission of application form
31st March 2020
CLAT 2020 Exam Date
10th May 2020